KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Students from Oklahoma high school and college technical education programs won the nation's highest awards at the SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference. Industry leaders representing over 1,100 businesses, corporations, trade associations and unions recognized the students for their demonstrated excellence in 94 hands-on occupational and leadership contests.
Top student winners received gold, silver and bronze medallions. Many also received prizes and/or scholarships to further their careers and education.
In addition, high scorers in the contests received Skill Point Certificates. The Skill Point Certificate was awarded in 86 occupational and leadership areas to students who achieved a high score defined by industry. The SkillsUSA Champion-ships have been a premier event since 1967.
The following students received both medallions and Skill Point Certificates from this area:
• Team C (consisting of Lee Terry, Anthony Rogers), from Northeast Technology Center-Pryor, was awarded the College/Postsecondary Gold medal in Robotics and Automation Technology.
• Team C (consisting of Amanda Smith, Christa Stark), from Northeast Technology Center-Pryor, was awarded the College/Postsecondary Gold medal in Nail Care.
- Local News
- Southridge drug bust
- Sick leave approved at special meeting
- Local company celebrates with community
- Salina Chamber makes a splash for fireworks
- Couple arrested on drug charges
- Body found on Earbob Road
- Last arrest made in drug-related shooting
- MUB lowers rates
- Elliott saga continues
- Trash piles at Meadow Trace
- More Local News Headlines