FDA warns about licorice, offers other Halloween safety tips
Too much Halloween candy really can make you sick, especially if you've got a fondness for licorice, according to the Food and Drug Administration.
- October – Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- SLIDESHOW: Fall colors on display across the U.S. The change in seasons brings a vivid display of fall foliage. Check out this gallery of photos of autumn colors from across the United States.
- 7 germy surfaces you touch every day New tests in busy U.S. cities have revealed which everyday surfaces are among the most germ-ridden, just in time for the cold and flu season.
- SLIDESHOW: Amazing jack-o-lantern designs For pumpkin-carving pros, the standard spooky face design just isn’t enough. Check out these photos of elaborate and creative jack-o-lanterns.
- Stay scared: 10 most haunted hotels in America An overnight stay at a haunted hotel is a nightmare come true for many thrill-seeking tourists, and travel website TripAdvisor has named the top 10 places where you can scare up a good vacation.
- SLIDESHOW: Most popular Halloween costumes this year From ladybugs to Lady Gaga, Party City has the breakdown of this year’s most in-demand Halloween costumes for kids and pets.
Bank fees on the rise; how to avoid paying more
The days of swiping your free debit card to pay for something with money from your free checking account while also earning cash back are coming to an end, as more banks raise fees and eliminate rewards to counteract new financial regulations.
7 ways to prepare your home for winter weather
The weather is turning cooler, and it's time to starting preparing for winter weather. Here are some tips to help get your home ready for the cold:
- Homeownership down in 2010: Which states have highest, lowest rates? The rate of homeownership in the United States has dropped by the highest percentage since the Great Depression, according to the latest housing statistics from the U.S. Census. Which states have the highest and lowest rates?
- More Features Headlines
- FDA warns about licorice, offers other Halloween safety tips